Tour Wineries, Breweries, & Cideries in the Charlottesville VA Area
Virginia is the 5th largest producer of wines in the USA. Our local Monticello Wine Trail and Appelation Trail fulfill Thomas Jefferson’s vision of having vineyards “standing shoulder to shoulder” with the great wines of the world. This area comprises one-third of Virginia’s vineyard acres. Wines produced here have received national and international acclaim.
Along with wines this area is home to some of the finest hard cideries and craft breweries. So if you are in the mood for something other than wine there are nearby places to quench your thirst.
Vineyard Exploration – Map of our Favorites
- Veritas Vineyard and Winery – Beautiful room with great fireplace & mountain views
- King Family Vineyards – Exquisite winery, sample their wines while enjoying a polo match
- Pollak Vineyards – great wines and staff, crushing room right behind tasting room
- Barboursville Vineyard – slightly northeast from us, their reds are our favorites
- Blenheim Vineyards – south of Monticello, good wine, Dave Matthews winery
- Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyard – great place to sit and enjoy the view, young wine
- Grace Estate Vineyard –only about 5 miles away, wonderful views, maturing reds
- Whitehall Vineyards – not far away
- Stinson Vineyards – closest to our inn
- Afton Mountain – beautiful views and great wine too!
- Monticello Wine Trail – map and guide are available at our Inn
- Virginia Wine Guide – Sign up for free newsletter
Wine Tour Companies – need a designated driver or a knowledgeable local guide? Check out these services. Be sure to mention that you are staying with us when you talk with them.
- Blue Ridge Wine Excursions – (434) 531-5802
- Camryn Limo – (434) 990-9070
- James Limo – (434) 218-0158
- Norm’s Taxi – (434) 327-9500
Craft Breweries –