The colder weather may be settling in here in Charlottesville, VA, but the opportunities for rest and relaxation never stop! Whether you’re looking for low-key ways to pass the time or you’re seeking bold adventures, we’ve got everything you need here at Foxfield Inn! Take a look at some of our favorite winter activities and start dreaming of your Charlottesville getaway today!
- Snow Sports — Whether you’re into skiing, snowboarding, or tubing, you can find it all near our inn in Charlottesville. Massanutten is about an hour’s drive from the Foxfield Inn, and you can enjoy lighted slopes for day and night skiing. They also have a really fun tube park for the non-skiers in your party. Further south is Wintergreen which offers 25 slopes, some of them lighted, a tube park, and a terrain park for practicing freestyle moves. Stay at Foxfield Inn is a great way to avoid resort crowds and pricing.
- Escape Rooms – Maybe being outdoors in the cold isn’t your idea of fun. No worries, we have plenty of fun available for you too! Make a reservation at Immersion Escape Rooms and transport yourself into another place and time. Connect the dots and follow the clues to save yourself and your party from certain doom!
- Winter Hikes – Charlottesville is located near some truly excellent hiking and natural scenery. Take a scenic drive to nearby Shenandoah National Park and be whisked away into a winter wonderland. Check out their guide to day hikes where you can narrow down the more than 500 miles of trails offered at the park. When you’re done, continue on Skyline Drive through the park for birdwatching, wildlife viewing, and beautiful scenic overlooks. If you’d like to stay closer to the inn, we recommend a visit to the Ivy Nature Center, Mint Springs Valley Park, or the Saunders-Monticello Trail at Kemper Park (where you can view the famous Monticello).
- Visit a Winery – Try a few of our favorites west and south of the inn!
- Visit a Brewery – Don’t miss these!
- Plan a Romantic Getaway – Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it, so make reservations for a romantic trip with your partner here at Foxfield Inn. Start off your stay with a bottle of wine and roses and then relax by the fire or in the jacuzzi bathtub (in select rooms) or the outdoor hot tub. Enjoy a three-course breakfast and afternoon treats. Savor dinner at the Ivy Inn Restaurant and go home with two Foxfield Inn wine glasses!
There is no wrong way to enjoy winter here in Charlottesville. We can’t wait to share our beautiful region with you and give you all the relaxation and pampering you deserve. Book a wintery getaway with us today!