Now is the time to start thinking about October (and November) visits to the Charlottesville area. October is a busy month with lots to see and do. Plus the weather is usually incredible!
We’ve scouted a few things for you to do if you are in the area.
- Let’s Roam: Charlottesville. You can have fun on this scavenger hunt finding places, learning new facts and exploring Charlottesville. This is an app that will guide you to solving the clues and finding the “treasure”. The really nice part about this is you do it on your own time, your own day and your own speed. All you do is purchase the tickets on line and download the app – then start having fun!
- Apple Picking at Carter Mountain. If you love apples then you need to visit Carter Mountain to pick some apples to take home with you. Of course if you are not into apple picking they have some already picked for you to purchase. Through the end of November there are also pumpkins, hayrides, and wine tastings. And if you are like Dan there are apple cider donuts just waiting for you (along with apple butter). Carter Mountain can get busy on the weekends so a weekday trip might be better.
- If you can get away on Sunday October 13th you might want to go to Vintage Virginia Apples for their Apple Harvest Festival. There will apples (of course), ciders, hayrides, artisan craft vendors, workshops, music, food trucks and more. Sounds like a lot of fun – hours 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- If you are looking for a concert to attend how about Elvis Costello and The Imposters? They will be performing at the Sprint Pavilion in downtown Charlottesville on October 23rd starting at 7:00pm.
- Or how about Festy Charlottesville on October 11-13. It’s a three day music, food, mindfulness, local beers & wines, yoga, plus much more! Your ticket gets you into events each day. That way you can listen to the music you want to hear, skip out and do some sightseeing and then hope back into the festival some more good fun. It’s located in the IX Park near downtown.
These are just a few of the many things to do in the Charlottesville area in October.
Hope to see you soon!
Dan & Kathryn