Ah, the dog days of summer. Lazy days and warm evenings. Looking for a getaway before the kids (or you) head back to school? Here are a few ideas for you to consider:
- Saturday August 3rd – Listen to Bigfoot County with Sisters & Brothers at the Jefferson Theater on the Mall in downtown Charlottesville. If you like the Grateful Dead then you will surely enjoy listening to Bigfoot County pay tribute to them. Sisters & Brothers open the evening with classic remembrance to the Jerry Garcia Band Concert is from 7:00-11:00pm.
- Wednesdays all month – Enjoy Wine Wednesdays from 5:00-8:00 at King Family Vineyards. There is wine for sale and food to be purchased from the food trucks. You;ll find trucks selling Mexican, burgers & sammies, barbecue, shave ice and cake by the slice. Also listen to some talented singers and musicians while enjoying the beautiful scenery. This month Matt Johnson (unique R&B), Small Town Rodeo (Americana, bluegrass), Brandon Walsh (jazz) or Micheal Clem (singer-songwriter) will be performing. Check Wine Wednesday to see when your favorite will be playing.
- Wednesday August 14th 6:00-9:00pm – Cooking Class at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards. This Wednesday is the Sangria & Ceviche cooking class. Who doesn’t enjoy the light & bright summer dish of Ceviche? Specially when served with Sangria? Join Chef Ian Rynecki at Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards for a hands-on cooking experience.
- Saturday August 17th 2:00-4:00pm – Wheel Throwing at Mobius Keramikk. Ok you are not really going to throw wheels. This is a pottery making event that sounds fascinating. Whether you are a beginner or an expert you will be guided through creating one or two pieces of your own. Then when class is over walk to the nearby Decipher Brewing for a local beer.
- Saturday August 31st – An Evening with Ronnie Milsap at the Paramount Theater in downtown Charlottesville. Come to hear a legend that inspires new, young country musicians. ‘Nuff said!
Just a few ideas to get you thinking about your get away.
Looking forward to seeing you in August!
Dan & Kathryn