April is the perfect month to visit Charlottesville! The weather is beautiful, the trees begin to bloom, and there is a long list of great events and festivals to attend. No matter when you visit, you’ll find something to do. Here are our event picks for the month!
1. Tom Tom Festival and Block Party– April 9-15th. This is a festival that comes to Charlottesville twice a year, and it isn’t one to be missed! There will be several sessions throughout the week in different spots around town celebrating visionaries, innovators, artists, and musicians. Check out the website to see what is going on all week, but our favorite part of the festival to attend is the Block Party which will be Friday-Sunday. You can expect live music, craft beer and food trucks as well as a makers market.
2. Farm to Table Restaurant Week– April 9-15. This restaurant week is in conjunction with the Tom Tom Festival. However, it deserves it’s own mention. Some of our favorite restaurants, like Brasserie Saison, will be participating with prix fixe menus of all farm to table prepared dishes. Check out the list of restaurants and their menus here.
3. Highland Honey and Mead Tasting– You’ll get to taste honey made right at James Monroe’s Highland as well as around the world and mead from Hilltop Berry Winery and Black Heath Winery. You’ll also be able to purchase mead from the meaderies. Along with the tasting, you’ll be able to speak with the beekeepers about the honey making process. It sounds like a great reason to visit James Monroe’s Highland.
4. The Cadillac Three at The Jefferson– April 27th. Popular country group, The Cadillac Three, will be at The Jefferson Theatre. Erik Dylan will open for them. This will be a great show for those that enjoy country music. Plus, The Jefferson Theatre is always a cool venue- it is a historic movie theatre turned into a concert venue.
5. Foxfield Races– April 28th. The 41st annual spring running of The Foxfield Races will be this April. This is an event not to be missed in Charlottesville, Virginia. It consists of horse races and tailgating with several different options for tickets and seating. Luckily, it is extremely close to the Inn!
Which event looks most fun to you? Take advantage of our Book Direct in March special to book a trip for April (or anytime this year)! Here are the details:
If you book directly with us, through our website or by phone (434-923-8892), we’ll give you a free bottle of wine (your choice of red or white) or two bottles of local beer from Devil’s Backbone. Use promo code “Wine” when you book online or mention this promo when you call us to book.