With February being such a short month, we are already thinking of what we’ll be doing in March. In March, we’ll see the last of the colder weather and start to welcome some warmer, spring days. It’s a great month to be in Charlottesville, not only because of the weather, but also because of the great events that will be happening. Here are our top 5 event picks:
1. Pints and Poses Beer Yoga– March 4th. Join Random Row and C’Ville Yoga Instructor, Shannon McElroy for a Hatha yoga class, and of course, a beer afterwards. For just 10 dollars, you get both the class and the beer. If you don’t love beer, you could opt for cold brew coffee or kombucha to wind down after the yoga class. We think this sounds like a perfectly relaxing late morning treat. Sunday.
2. City Market Art Show– March 17th. This City Market event will get us through til the actual City Market starts in April. It’s like the typical City Market, but held indoors at Carver Rec Center. It will host plenty of artisans from around Charlottesville including handmakers and artists. Saturday.
3. Terrior: Exploring French Wines and Cheeses-March 21st. This event at Tilman’s will be a guided tasting of French wines and cheeses. Brandon Hamlett of Republic National Distributing will give information about the French wines chosen for the tasting. It will be a fun and relaxed tasting with limited seats, so get your tickets if you are interested. We think it sounds like a delicious event! Wednesday.
4. Virginia Festival of the Book– March 21st-25th. This is the 24th year of this amazing festival that takes place each year in March. This festival takes place all over C’Ville in over 70 different Venues, so you’ll have to check out the list of events to see which you’d like to attend! The events include book signings, readings, performances, film screenings, and more. This is a great event for booklovers, and truly a great week to be in C’Ville! Wednesday-Sunday.
5. Charlottesville 10 Miler– March 24th. The Charlottesville 10 Miler is a historic race that was established in 1976, making it the area’s oldest footrace. You’ll run all over Charlottesville and see the best parts of the town, including the Downtown Mall, Court Square, UVA, and The Corner. This race is a must for runners, or for spectators that would love to cheer runners on! Saturday.
Which of our picks for March sound like an event you’d like to attend? We’d love to hear from you!