February isn’t just a month for lovers. Though Valentine’s Day is often what defines the month, C’Ville has events through the month for anyone (not just couples!) Don’t worry, we’ll feature Valentine’s Day festivities next week, but for now, here are the non-romantic events we think look fun for next month:
- Paramount Presents: Piano Battle: February 6th. Andreas Kern and Paul Cibis, internationally accomplished pianists, will battle it out on Paramount’s stage. They will play classical tunes in their different styles, leaving it up to the audience to be the judge. This won’t just be a classical show, but also a “tongue in cheek” performance that will be uniquely interactive with the audience. This is a show that has gone all over the world, and even if you aren’t typically into classical concerts, we think this is one anyone could enjoy! Tuesday
- Wildrock’s Make Your Own Terrarium Party: February 7th. Sponsored by Fifth Season Gardening in partnership with Families in Action, Random Row Brewing Company is hosting a Make Your Own Terrarium Party. Create something beautiful to display in your home and create one to donate to UVA Children’s Hospital. You’ll be instructed by the gardening experts from Fifth Season, and you’ll get to enjoy a great local beer from Random Row as you create! Wednesday
- Galentine’s Day Pop Up at Old Met Hall: February 10th. Hosted by Craft C’Ville, this is a pop up market that features local female crafters and artists. Treat yourself to something handmade or buy something for a friend. We think it sounds like a great mid-February shopping experience on the Downtown Mall! Saturday
- City Market Art Show: February 10th. We couldn’t choose between the previous craft show we mentioned and this one on the same day, so we’re featuring both! Since they are nearby, you might as well stop in both if you have the time. This is an event like the City Market that runs from April through December, but instead of featuring food and produce, it features more of the makers that are typically at the market. You can also find things like jam, soups, and candles from 35+ vendors. There will be a handmade card making station, too! Saturday
- Luke Bryan- What Makes You Country Tour: February 24th. See one of today’s most loved country artists at John Paul Jones Arena. Luke Bryan will be the headliner along with Kip Moore and The Cadillac Three. If you are a country music fan, you won’t want to miss this show! Saturday
Which event this month looks like one you’d like to attend? Stay tuned next week as we feature Valentine’s Day events so you can plan your date!
Until then, keep up with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!