September is the perfect time to be in Charlottesville. The weather is still warm, but we get to welcome the beautiful season of fall with cooler mornings and evenings. Apple season has started and one of our favorite things to do is picking apples at one of the local orchards.
Of course it’s also the start of the fall event season. This is a popular time to visit Charlottesville and enjoy some of the great happenings in the area. Here are a few events and festivals that we think look quite fun!
- Friday Night Flights at Keswick Vineyards– September 1st. Enjoy a custom tasting flight on the patio at Keswick Vineyards. Custom flights begin to be served at 5pm. The tasting room will be open til 8pm, and you can enjoy food from a local food truck. This is a relaxing way to spend your summer evening! Friday
- 11th Annual Heritage Harvest Festival– September 9th. Taste an abundance of heirloom fruits and vegetables at this day long event celebrating Charlottesville’s “first foodie,” Thomas Jefferson at his Monticello Estate. This is a fun friendly event where you’ll learn about organic gardening, culinary arts, and more. Saturday
- Belmont Bash– September 16th. Enjoy a free festival and experience a unique neighborhood in the city. Head to Belmont park for local music, food trucks, a beer and wine garden, a Craft C’Ville festival and more! Saturday
- C’Ville Taste This– September 19th. Spend the evening at Keswick Hall as you sample the best food and beverages from Charlottesville area restaurants. Enjoy tastes, conversations, and a great silent auction all to benefit Charlottesville Meals on Wheels. Tuesday
- 6th Annual Tomtober Fest Block Party– September 22nd-23rd. Head to Emancipation Park for a two day block party featuring local music, a New Belgium Beer Garden, local craft vendors, and great food trucks. The festival has free entry and is always a great way to experience and support C’Ville local businesses. Friday and Saturday.
- Martha’s Market– September 29th-October 1st. A perfect way to begin your holiday shopping early at John Paul Jones Arena, this shopping experience supports breast health screening programs and women’s health care. Shop over 60 unique local and nationwide vendors and boutiques to find something unique for you or as a gift. Friday through Sunday