Even though it’s not Thanksgiving yet it is time to start thinking about all the great events happening here in Charlottesville in December. This year we selected 5 events we think you will really enjoy.
- After Hours at Highland – This holiday tour of President James Monroe’s home occurs on three different dates – Saturday, December 10, Wednesday December 14 and Saturday December 17. The tours are from 4:30-6:30. You will enjoy two different Monroe era desserts you helped make over an open hearth. The tour also includes a visit to the Presidential guest house and museum spaces. Come see how Highland is decorated for the holiday! Make sure you ordered ticket in advance as each tour is limited to 20 guests.
- Charlottesville 94th Season Holiday Concert – Sunday December 11 at 3:30 pm at the Martin Luther King Performing Arts Center. The Oratorio Society of Virginia joins the Charlottesville Municipal Band for an afternoon of holiday classics and an audience sing-a-long. Admission is free if you donate a canned good or non-perishable food item for the Emergency Food Bank.
- The Nutcracker – performed by the Charlottesville Ballet. This is a classic! Saturday December 17, Sunday December 18, and Thursday December 22 – afternoon and evening performances – at Piedmont Valley Community College. Or you could go to The Paramount and see the Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker on Saturday December 17th.
- MoJo-Sweet Potato-Pie Christmas Singalong and Pie Share – This will surely get you in the mood for the holidays! Join in singing along with MoJo Sweet Potato Pie and sharing some pie at Glass House Winery on Sunday December 18 from 2:00-5:00 pm. If you aren’t a pie baker you can easily pick one up at The Pie Chest.
- The Masked Ball at Veritas Vineyard on New Year’s Eve. This is a great way to ring in the new year! There is dinner and dancing from 7:00 pm to midnight when the masks come off and the champagne starts flowing. The wine-paired five course dinner menu looks fantastic! There will also be a late night breakfast bar following the midnight toast.