It’s hard to believe that November is just a week away. I cansmell that Thanksgiving turkey already. This year we are buying a locally raised turkey (across the road from us). We were able to do that a couple of years ago and it was fantastic! If you get a chance to buy locally raised turkeys by all means do so.
Anyway, besides eating turkey next month I scouted out a few things you might enjoy.
- Sunday – November 1: Barney J. Conrath: A Photography Retrospective in Black & White from 5:30-8:00pm at FIREFISH Gallery. As many of you know we love photography, particualrly black & white. Barney’s work focuses on the quirkiness of nature and man-made machines.
- Saturday – November 7: Mountfair Vineyards’ Fall Oyster Festival, from 4:00-8:00pm at Mountfair Vineyards. This annual event is one not to miss. There will be plenty of oysters and some great wines. Plus singer/songwriter Karen Jonas provides the entertainment.
- Wednesday – November 11: Veteran’s Day – thank your active duty or retired veteran for their service to our country
- Saturday – November 14: Vinegar-Making Workshop , from 9:30-11:00am at Monticello. Learn how to make artisanal vinegars that you can enjoy year-round. We will provide an early breakfast for you so that you won’t miss a thing.
- Sunday – November 22: Mistletoe Market, from 10:00am-4:00pm at the Boar’s Head. Get a jump on your Christmas shopping (ok, some of you may be way ahead of me) by spending the day at this fascinating market where you can purchase one-of-a-kind handmade and artisan items.
If you need more ideas, do not hesitate to ask.