Is it really near the end of June already? I must be having a lot of fun because as the saying goes “Time flies when you are having fun!”. Here are my top 5 picks for things to do next month when you visit Charlottesville.
1. July 4th – 53rd annual Independence Day Celebration and Naturalization Ceremony at Monticello. This is a wonderful event where new citizens are welcomed to the USA. This year’s keynote speaker is Governor Terry McAuliffe. Admission to the House Tour is free but you do need to make a reservation to attend.
2. Sundays – Polo at King Family Vineyard. Some of you may have noticed that I mention King Family Vineyards polo frequently. Well, that’s for two reasons – the first is it’s a great way to spend the afternoon watching the match; the second is that the wines at King Family Vineyards are some of my favorite in the area. So you get two-for-one – great entertainment and great wine.
3. Saturday, July 11th – Starry Nights with Abbey Road at Veritas Vineyard. If you like music, evening skies and good wine you would like this event. Abbey Road is a great band that brings the music of the Beatles to life. Get ready to dance away the night under the stars. Be sure to get your tickets early. And, yes, this takes place at another one of my favorite wineries – Veritas Vineyard.
4. Monday, July 13th – The Eagles perform at John Paul Jones Arena. The Eagles perform some of their classic hits as part of their “History of the Eagles” tour. Songs included Hotel California.
5. July 23-August 1 – Almost, Maine at the Ruth Caplin Theater. This play is part of UVA’s Heritage Theater Festival which takes place every summer. The residents of Almost, Maine are caught between Canada and the USA. This story tells the tale of 9 couples who share love and all the mess that is involved.
So there are my suggestions for five things you can do in Charlottesville in July – that is besides staying with us here at Foxfield Inn. We hope you enjoy your summer.
Dan & Kathryn Bundy