I was just reviewing all the email notices from the three main theaters in Charlottesville and noticed the impressive array of music events that are happening here this summer. This does not include all the restaurants, wineries, clubs, bars and lounges that have live music. So if you’re into great music come stay with us at Foxfield Inn and enjoy the sounds of summer.
At The Pavilion there are numerous great acts:
- Jimmy Cliff with SOJA – Sunday, June 6th
- Harry Connick Jr – Sunday, June 13th
- Sheryl Crow with Colbie Caillat – Monday, June 21st
- B.B. King with Lukas Nelson & the Promise of the Real – Saturday, July 17th
- Lady Antebellum – Sunday, July 18th
- Willie Nelson & Family – Saturday, July 24th
- Primus & Gogl Bordello – Sunday, August 1st
- Lyle Lovett & His Large band – Thursday August 19th
The Paramount Theater is offering up:
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – Saturday, June 19th
- Ash Lawn Opera
- Don Giovanni (W.A. Mozart) – July 3, 10, 16, 30; August 1
- Brigadoon (Lerner and Loewe) – July 17, 18, 31; August 7, 8
- Charlottesville Municipal Band – June 8, 22; July 6, 20; August 3, 17
The Jefferson Theater has the following musical performers:
- Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses/Tift Merritt – June 3rd
- Brandi Carlile – June 4th
- The Dave Rawlings Machine – June 9th
- Dar Williams with Sara Watkins – June 30th
- The Groove train – July 9th
- Dierks Bentley & The Travelin McCourys – July 15th
- The Low Anthem – July 23rd
- Appalachian Voices: Yim Yames, Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore – July 27th
And that’s not including the Fridays After Five which rock the Pavilion each week until September 10 this year. The music starts at 5:30PM each week and runs until about 8:30PM. The shows are always free and feature some of Charlottesville’s best local artists. Come on down and meet your friends,start your weekend off right at Fridays After Five.
It’s going to be a great summer to listen to great music here in Charlottesville.
Come stay with us at Foxfield Inn and enjoy the sounds of summer.