Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or leave ungreased.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until thoroughly mixed into batter. Stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in thirds, beat until just mixed in after each addition.
- Stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9–11 or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Asparagus and Vegetable Frittata
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 ½ cups corn, canned & drained or frozen & thawed
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (not grated)
- 1 tablespoon garlic/herb blend (or your favorite herb blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites (save the yolks for your Homemade Hollandaise sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté
until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Trim woody ends from asparagus and slice into ¼ inch pieces. You should have about two
cups of sliced asparagus. Add to onions in pan and sauté for a few minutes until al
dente. Add corn and stir.
- Remove vegetables from pan and put into an 8 cup measuring cup (you can use a large
bowl but I prefer to use a large measuring cup as it makes it easier to pour into the
- Wash kale carefully. Remove leaves from stems (discard stems). Coarsely chop kale and add to sauté pan. Add two tablespoons water. Over medium heat wilt kale, approximately 5 minutes. Make sure all the water has evaporated off. Add kale to the vegetable mixture.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and egg whites. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Add to vegetables. Pour into prepared pie pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and center is firm.
- Serve with Hollandaise sauce, crispy bacon and tomato & arugula salad.
- Not serving 12 people? This recipe works very well when reduced by half to serve 6.
Bacon & Broccoli Frittata - Oven Baked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup mixed blend shredded cheeses
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray four shallow 8 oz. casseroles with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan combine broccoli and water. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is crisp tender. Drain and divide between the two prepared casseroles.
- In medium saucepan cook bacon over medium heat until light brown. Add onion and cook until onion is just tender. Drain off bacon fat and divide between the two prepared casseroles.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese and mixed blend cheese. Divide between the two prepared casseroles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown on top.
- While casseroles are baking prepare Parmesan Crisps. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese into a 5-inch circle on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining cheese. Bake in oven with casseroles for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool while casseroles finish cooking.
- Top casseroles with the Parmesan crisps before serving.