Start Your Day at Our Country Bed & Breakfast
Here at Foxfield Inn in Charlottesville, Virginia we believe that dining should be something special, and breakfast is no exception. It is our privilege to share our appreciation of fine food and its ability to delight your senses. We devise creative, gourmet menus with an emphasis on fresh, customized and special indulgences to nourish every palate.
We try to source as many of our fresh ingredients as possible from local purveyors who promote responsible agriculture and ecological stewardship.
- Eggs – from pastured hens from our neighbors at Timbercreek Organics Farm or Free Union Farm. As the saying goes, “happy hens lay tasty eggs.”
- Pork – from pigs that roam Timbercreek Organics Farm’s wooded lots eating acorns, we make our homemade breakfast sausage just about as local and tasty as you can get.
- Bacon – hickory smoked by our local butcher, JM Stock Provisions & Supply, using pork from Timbercreek Organics Farm.
- Herbs – picked fresh or dried from our own small garden to add aromatic flavors to our dishes.
- Vegetables and fruits – seasonally, we acquire fresh produce from local farmers for maximum freshness and flavor.
We understand the varied dietary needs of our guests, but we also believe this does not mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Let us prepare our menus to accommodate your food preferences – whether you eat gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, or vegan, we cater to all.
In today’s busy world, breakfast is too often rushed through, if not skipped entirely. Let us remind you how to linger and savor the special breakfast moments to help you welcome your day. Emerge from your room to be greeted with fresh coffee prepared by Dan, a selection of domestic and imported teas, or hot chocolate. Make your way to the airy sunroom where a fresh fruit course and house-made bakery items will be waiting for you. Kathryn’s choice of entrée will satiate your fondest breakfast cravings. And for the sweet tooth in us all, a “sweet ending” miniature dessert is sure to delight.