It’s that time again – time for the Virginia Festival of the Book. The festival starts on Wednesday March 16th and ends on Sunday March 20th. If you’re coming to any of the events Foxfield Inn is close to many of the venues – we’re just a short 10-15 minute drive away. There are so many excellent authors talking about their work that it is amazing. Just looking at the schedule of events you can see how phenomenal a festival this is going to be. So if you are an avid reader or an appreciator of the written word why not get away for a day or two and spend it with some interesting authors?
Some of the featured authors this year are:
- David Shenk discusses his provocative book The Genius in All of Us: Why Everything You’ve Been Told About Genetics, Talent, and IQ is Wrong.
- Akbar Ahmed, author of Journey into America: The Challenge of Islam, discusses his extensive study of Americans who are Muslim and their relationships with other Americans
- Enjoy a visit with Helen Simonson, author of the bestselling debut novel, Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, about a retired army officer and a shop owner from Pakistan in a small English village
- Kathryn Stockett, author of the bestseller The Help, discusses her book and the impact it has had on the book world and her own life
- Nathan Hodge (Armed Humanitarians: The Rise of Nation Builders) discusses foreign policy use of armed forces abroad
- Reverend Mpho Tutu, co-author, with her father Reverend Desmond Tutu, of Made for Goodness: and Why This Makes All the Difference, will speak about charitable works
- Jane Sigloh (Like Trees Walking–In the Second Half of Life) will interweave philosophy, poetry, fiction, scripture, and humorous personal stories about the process of getting older