Breakfast is a culinary and creative dining experience here at our Virginia bed and breakfast inn.
We believe that dining should be something special. It is our privilege to share our appreciation of fine food and its ability to delight your senses. Breakfast is the perfect way to start your day. See our sample menus for what you may experience during your stay.
We prepare our menus to meet your food preferences - whether you want a hearty breakfast with meat, gluten-free or, if you prefer, vegan or vegetarian fare. We cater to all. We make our breakfast foods with and without dairy products, eggs or gluten to meet your preferred food choices or requirements.
We try to source as many of our fresh ingredients locally as possible. For instance, our eggs are from free range chickens pastured on a farm just across the street from us. Timbercreek Farm provides healthy organic products raised in a way that promotes responsible agriculture and ecological stweardship. As the saying goes "Happy chickens lay tasty eggs." The pork we use in making our breakfast sausage is from the same farm.
The pigs even get to roam free through the woods eating acorns in the
fall. The herbs we use are grown in our own small garden and as many vegetables as possible are purchased from other local farmers.
Vegans and vegetarians have been delighted with the fare provided to meet their dietary choices. Vegans have sampled everything from Herb Scrambled Tofu Florentine, Broccoli "Frittata", Maple Apple Fritters, and Lemon Bread Pudding. A lot of the meals are served without meat so vegetarians feel right at home.
Our breakfast is served to you in the Dining Room or Sunroom each day at 8:30 Monday - Saturday and 9:00 on Sunday. If you prefer to dine apart from the other guests we can seat you at the table in the Sunroom. Beautifully prepared and presented, our breakfasts and coffees are our gifts to you.
Afternoon Temptations are provided in the guest pantry area. These include homemade cookies and bars, fresh fruit, popcorn, soft drinks, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. There is a ready supply of chilled bottled water. Hors d’oeuvres are available with complimentary wine in the common rooms on the weekend.
Your special breakfast starts early with:
- fresh ground coffee prepared by Dan
- a selection of fine domestic and imported teas
- regular, low calorie or flavored hot chocolates
Join us at the table for:
- Juices – orange, cranberry or vegetable
- Fresh seasonal fruit – marinated oranges, poached pears, roasted plums, seasonal fruit salad
- House made bakery items – Cardamom Lime Sweet Rolls, Lemon Blueberry Muffins, or our sinful Banana Nut Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Follow this up with Kathryn’s choice of entrée:
- Savory with or without meat – Hunt Country eggs, Broccoli Timbales, Eggs Florentine
- Sweet with or without meat - Pumpkin waffles, Lemon bread pudding, Apple Fritters
Finish with one of our guests favorites:
- Homespun traditional - Blueberry Almond Crumble, Apple Crisp with Sweet Cream
- New and Different - Caramelized Pineapple with Ice Cream & Toasted Coconut, Ginger Orange Cheesecake
Linger over coffee and tea with other guests for great conversations!